Thursday, November 19, 2009

OmGz. Sweet potato cookiez.

short pointless post because i really don't have a lot to say. Went to the library at 830 this morning, worked on a paper all morning, went to a spinning class at lunchtime, ate lunch (veggie and chicken stir fry with rice), worked on the paper again until 6.

So yes paper is almost done now, and I feel accomplished :) I wanted to get a good amount of work done before going to GALWAY this weekend. Jenn and I leave at 5 tomorrow morning. It's a 5 hour bus ride, with a 1 hour layover in Dublin halfway through. We wanted to get there around lunchtime to have lots of time to explore. Saturday we're doing a daytrip to the Cliffs of Moher. These are the cliffs and basically the reason I wanted to come to Ireland..and thats not made up

Sweet life. Hopefully I'll have an awesome glamor shot in front of these guys by Sunday

speaking of SWEET, when i was procrastinating at the library today, I came across a recipe for SWEET POTATO OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES. now if you know me, there are 3 foods that are the keys to my heart. sweet potatoes and oatmeal raisin cookies and seafood. now seafood cookies is pretty flipping gross, so I guess getting 2 out of 3 of my favorite things in one delicious treat isn't too bad.
I made a couple of little adjustments
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 cup mashed sweet potato
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1-2ish spoons of flaxseed
and dennn
excuse my lack of effort in taking good photos of cookies. they're fabulous. believe me.

ooook, well i should get my stuff together and head to bed pretty soon for my 430 am wake up call.
cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment